Diploma inAdvanced Photography
If you are considering a serious career
in the field of photography, then this course
is the ideal choice for you.
EXPOSURE – The School of Photography offers a 6 months Diploma in Photography course, which will not only guarantee to make you skilled and experienced enough to shape your future and prepare you for a long and successful career opportunity but also will train you to start your photography venture and take it to the height of success.
This course covers every vital topic related to photography along with skill enhancement sessions to thoroughly build your knowledge, expertise and abilities. It will give you more hands-on experience on practical aspects of photography than theory. Through this course, you will learn, explore, enjoy and create magic. If you want to improve your skills and take your level higher up the photography ladder, then this is the course for you.
Admission is open to anyone with the formal education of 10+2 or Equivalent and who is over 20 years of age. In rare cases, exceptions will be made at the discretion of management.
6 Months (72 Sessions, 200 Hours), Three Sessions in a week.
Rs 48500 (Payable in 3 monthly instalments. Kindly reach out if you want to make payments in monthly instalments. The payment option below is only for full course fee payment.)
Who this course is for?
Suitable for those who are seriously considering a career in the field of photography
Any individual who is interested to pursue a career as a professional photographer
Photographers looking to make money with their skills
Amateur photographers want to improve their skills
Absolute beginners who want to become skilled photographers
Anyone who wants to take better photos
There are many photography institutes in India but what makes EXPOSURE – The School of Photography unique is the course offered at ETSP is the best as it appreciates photography as a visual language, where photographers master its grammar and craft, explore its numerous dialects and interpretations, and establish a visual conversation with the world around them. We are renowned as the best and most affordable photography institute in East India.
The curriculum focuses on technical and aesthetic knowledge; conceptual, intellectual and contextual papers, like philosophy and professional development skills. Through a variety of teaching methods, students are trained to not just create better images, but they are also enabled to articulate ideas, read photographs and write about them. The course provides students with knowledge and skills to work as professional photographers in diverse genres like journalism, documentary, editorial, fashion or advertising and equips students with abilities to launch their photographic practice and careers.
The content of the Diploma in Photography includes advanced photography techniques, post processing process, studio techniques, photo-walks and workshops.
- Review of your work which you have submitted during admission
- Define Photography & its forms
- Amateur and professional photography
- A brief history of Analogue and Digital Photography
- Evolution of cameras, Principles and Fundamentals of 35mm Photography
- Understanding digital camera construction and Film v/s Digital,Mirrorless Systems
- Pixels and Resolutions
- Overview about digital Sensors – CCD & CMOS
- Aperture Priority Mode
- Understanding Depth of Field
- Shutter Priority Mode
- Usages of slow and fast shutter speed
- Manual Mode
- Knowing other Modes
- Exposure Triangle
- Lens constructions and in-depth study of different lens
- Angle of view and Field of view
- Exposure Meter, different metering systems and their application
- Exposure Compensation
- Understanding Histogram
- What is Composition?
- How to frame a subject
- Types of Frames
- The Elements of Composition
- Composition Principals
- Point of interest
- Rule of thirds
- Golden Ratio
- Left to Right Rule
- Lines, S-curve, C-curve, Vanishing Point,
- Shapes, Value (tones or shades of gray), Texture, Mass/Form
- Horizontal or Vertical
- Simplicity and Minimalism
- Balance, Repetition/Pattern, Movement / Rhythm, Emphasis, Contrast,
- Proportion/Scale, Harmony/Unity
- Breathing Space, Positive and Negative Space
- Breaking the rules
- Mastering Composition
- What is white balance
- When to correct and when not
- Understanding the Mood of any image
- Importance of monitor calibration
- Newton’s observation
- Harris’s observation
- Goethe’s observation
- The Fundamental Color Wheel
- Colour Model
- Colour Space
- Types of Color Variables in Photography
- Colour psychology
- Color Harmony
- Bit Depth or Color Depth or Pixel Depth
- Difference between Bit-Depth and Color Space
- Understand The Theory
- Light and shadow
- Characteristics of Natural light
- Artificial light
- Introduction to flash technology
- Artificial light for day Light Shoots
- Slave system and master system
- Light controlling equipment
- Basic & professional reflectors
- 3 point lighting set-up
- Working of electrical background
- Light set-up for professional shoots
- Studio Portraiture
- People & Portrait Photography
- Product and Still Life Photography
- Wedding and Events Photography
- Travel and Landscape Photography
- Food Photography
- Portfolio Photography
- Candid Photography
- Wildlife Photography
- Photojournalism Tips
- Low Key
- High Key
- Macro Photography
- Night Photography
- Landscape Photography
- Astro-Landscape Photography
- Advanced image processing and techniques are covered in this module.
- Students will understand how to enhance the raw image into a professional image using various post-processing software and plugin.
- Native camera RAW Converters – DPP, Capture NX-D
- Adobe Camera RAW Converter
- Capture One
- Nik Collections
- Luminar AI
- Topaz Lab
- Portrait Pro
- Portfolio Development
- Freelance Opportunities
- Business of photography
- Marketing and Branding
- Pricing and Client handling
In order to master its grammar and craft students who have successfully completed Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 and would like to explore other areas of photography, students can join our workshops and photo tour. Every year we organize several international and national workshops and photo tours. All expenses related to these photo tours and workshops are borne by the students.
You should be excited to learn photography, and ready to take action!
A Camera; If You Do Not Have A DSLR/MIRRORLESS We Will Provide Camera During The Course.
Exposure is not just an institution where you can gather knowledge about photography, it is more than an institution, in short, it is a temple. I am grateful that by luck I have joined this temple, where I got a chance to discover a lot of new things about photography and also meet new passionate creators in this field. My only suggestion is that if you are a newbie willing to join this temple then just join it without any second thought because you never know until you experience it.
I’ve joined this institute to develop my photography skill set and to have someone who can guide me in this field. But, I’ve got more than just a guide. I’m so blessed to have such a person like Apratim sir in my life.
If you are serious about your career in the field of photography then you should definitely join Exposure – The School of Photography’s Diploma in Advanced Photography course.
It is a perfect place to learn photography, especially if you are passionate about pursuing it as a career. I would say that learning here was extremely enjoyable, combined with excellent teaching methods, which involve practical as well as theory lessons. In fact, Exposure goes beyond just teaching photography, and trains you in the business of photography. The teaching was so simple and practical that it never felt like a classroom, rather we were like a family. My interest gradually developed into a passion and transformed towards photography as a career.
To learn more about our courses, please fill the form to download our brochure