Incredible Iceland 2018
24th February 2018 to 1st March 2018
Terms and Accommodation
Important points to be noted
- The tour is designed from Reykjavík to Reykjavík.
- This tour is conceptualized in such a way that personal attention can be given to each and every photographer and for that, the group will be restricted to 6 photographers only.
- This tour has been specifically designed for the photographers. Non-photographer spouse/friend may be accommodated on the tour but at full cost and on agreeing to stick to the schedule of the of the tour.
- All care would be taken to stick to the schedule, unforeseen circumstance, time consistency might lead to some changes.
What does the tour fees include?
- Standard double bedded (Separate Bedded) room in twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in all days during the tour.
- Pick up and drop at Reykjavík airport.
- Inner Line Permits.
- Packaged drinking water will be provided.
- Professional English speaking driver guide and photographer, Vehicle: 4X4 truck (Jeep) and gasoline.
- Ice Cave visit by Local Guide of Vatnajökull.
- Expert guidance of the photographic mentors.
What is not included in the tour fees?
- Flights to and from Iceland.
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Medical expenses
- Personal purchases
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities in Hotels, Lodges, Hotel Staff and Driver-guide(s) tipping.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Laundry services
- Your souvenir and/or duty-free shopping
- Extra activities not included in the Itinerary
- Any other item(s) not included in our Itinerary
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis
You need to pay 50% of the tour amount immediately (either in USD or INR as per the conversion rate on date) Balance amount to be paid 30 days before the tour.
Full payment needs to be made in advance. No refund on cancellation. Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer / Undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
In order to reserve your seat, 100% advance payment is a must.
To confirm registration, the participant must pay the amount through NEFT or IMPS or RTGS. Once the payment is done please send us a copy of bank receipt (screen shot is also fine) of your payment sent details. Once we confirm your payment, we will send you the tour id no. along with the Rules & Regulations of the tour, which makes you, a confirmed candidate of the photo tour.
P.S: It’s our endeavour to make this the best possible trip that it can be, but we would not be liable for delays/cancellations due to bad weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Registration is open from 16th July, 2018 until 20th January, 2019 or till the seat reservations end.
Only a maximum 6 hardworking photographers will be selected for this photo tour. This is not a fancy tour; you have to walk a lot, so your physical fitness is very important.
Participants will be granted for the photo tour based on email confirmation on a first come first serve basis.
Feel free to call +91 8509333385 or +91 8900702900 for any further assistance.
What you will need?
1. LUGGAGE: Please make sure you DON’T carry hard-case luggage. Duffle bags or backpacks would be most suitable. Since we are mostly on the move, all our luggage needs to fit on top of our vehicle. Soft case bags are easier to fit and consumes less space. This gives us ample space inside the vehicle with no luggage to suffocate us.
2. PROTECTIVE WEAR: In Iceland it is best to dress in layers, since majority of cold is due to wind chill and temperatures can change rapidly depending on the place, time and weather. Hence dressing in layers will allow you to add/subtract layers as and when needed. So make sure apart from your regular cloths, you are also carrying under mentioned warm cloths. Do not under estimate the cold, be well prepared. Also, make sure you have tough waterproof shoes and of course the flip-flops.
3. Warm underwear / Thermals
4. Sweater or a warm jacket / coat
5. Wind- and waterproof overcoat and over trousers
6. Woolen Socks and extra pair of warm socks
7. Gloves and a cap (protect head and ears from cold winds)
8. Hiking shoes (waterproof boots for winter photo tours)
9. Slippers and possibly light trainers
10. SUNGLASSES: As mentioned earlier, UV rays at high altitude can be quite damaging and this holds true for eyes as well. So having decent quality sunglasses is quite essential, especially because we are traveling when mountain passes have a lot of snow cover and sunlight reflecting from the snow can be even harsher!
11. Electric converter (Iceland uses 220 volts)
12. Torch or headlight (winter photo tours)
13. SUNSCREEN LOTION: UV rays at high altitude can be quite damaging to the skin, even during the harshest of winter, so don’t forget to carry a good quality sunscreen lotion SPF30 or higher and apply it generously before going out in the sun.
14. LIP BALM: Dry and cold weather of Iceland will make your lips dry, which can get quite painful due to cracking and skin shedding, so make sure you carry a lip balm or Vaseline.
15. DOCUMENTS AND IDS: Make sure you have few copies of your passport and visa, few passport size photos in white background, copies of flight tickets.
16. TORCH: A powerful torch, since we would be shooting Astor in remote locations. Also do carry a head torch.
17. UNIVERSAL CHARGING PORTS: Make sure you have the adapter for the square pins that UAE offers.
18. MEDICINES: Carry Diamox if you aren’t allergic to sulphur drugs, which helps reduce symptoms of Acute Mountain Sickness and medicines for headache, fever, stomach ache, cold and cough syrup.
19. WATER BOTTLE: Though sounds obvious, do carry a bottle for water, one which could fit into your walk around backpack. Dehydration in high altitude can be very risky. Make sure you always have a bottle of water hooked to your bag.
20. CASH: Have some Icelandic Króna at your disposal. Transport, hotels, breakfast, lunch, dinner, tourist entry fees and other such expense is covered by EXPOSURE – Travel & Photography but you may want to buy some souvenirs.
Most Important Part – GEARS
As always, we will put our best efforts to loan Tamron lenses for you all, depending on availability. Meanwhile here is the list of essential gears.
- One or two Digital cameras with two to three lenses (for example – 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, or zooms like 16-35mm, 14-24mm, 24-70mm and a long focal length like 70-200).
- ND, UV, Graduated ND, Polarizer, Filter Holders (depending on your choice)
- Camera remote
- Extra camera batteries
- Protector for your lens
- External hard drive with adequate space
- Adequate memory card and Card reader
We reserve the right to improvise (always with the objective to improve your overall experience), and change the itinerary due to adverse weather conditions or complications that may arise that are out of our control. Fun and safety are our number one priority.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour if the minimum number of participants is not met (which quite frankly, is highly unlikely. Who wouldn’t want to have this experience of a lifetime!?).
Please do not purchase air travel before confirming with us. We wouldn’t want you roaming around unguided.
Participants are expected to be in fair health and be capable of spending the days walking around the various areas while carrying their own equipment. It’s a holiday, yes, but it’s also an adventure.
*Limited seats on first come first serve basis.
**Please note that the timings can be changed slightly according to the present situations of the weather. The mentor will guide you throughout the festival.
***Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, disclaimer/undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
24th February 2018 to 1st March 2018
Iceland, North Atlantic.
4630 USD - Double Occupancy
5530 USD - Single Occupancy
(Includes accommodation and food)
Maximum 6 participants