Magical Varanasi 2022
Terms and Accomodation
Important points to be noted
- The tour is designed from Varanasi to Varanasi.
- This tour is conceptualised such a way that personal attentions can be given to each and every photographer and for that, the group will be restricted to 15 photographers only.
- This tour has been specifically designed for the photographers. Non-photographer spouse/friend may be accommodated on the tour but at full cost and on agreeing to stick to the schedule of the tour.
Indians do not require visas for entering Nepal. If you have a passport, please carry it with you.
- While all care would be taken to stick to the schedule, unforeseen circumstance, time consistency might lead to some changes.
- As it is a foreign country your mobile number will not work unless you have international roaming. A local sim will be provided to each participants against passport.
What does the tour fees include?
- Stay in a deluxe hotel for four days and three nights
- Standard AC double bedded room, in twin sharing basis.
- Two times Tea, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in all days. Nonveg and Veg food will be provided.
- Expert guidance on rituals, street, portrait, daily life, architecture and cultural photography with a particular emphasis on the Dev Depawali.
- All day local taxi or toto fare for each and every destination
- Packaged drinking water will be provided.
- Service of the photographic mentors
What is not covered in the tour fees?
Anything else other than mentioned in includes.
All expenses of personal nature.
All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
Tips and gratuities in Hotels, Lodges, Hotel Staff and Driver-guide(s) tipping.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Your souvenir and/or duty-free shopping
Extra Activities not included in the Itinerary.
Any other item(s) not included in our Itinerary.
Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis.
Stay will be at the best located Hotel situated in the ancient kingdom of Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Staying at this location is the best way to cover the entire rituals.
Facilities provided by the hotel
• Well-furnished Deluxe Rooms
• 24 hours Hot & Cold water
• Non-Veg & Veg Restaurant
• 24 hours Wi-Fi facilities in entire lobby area of the hotel
• Doctor on call & taxi on requirement
• Laundry service / Shoe Polish
• Large parking area & Hall
Registration is open from 15th April, 2019 until 31st October, 2019 or till the seat reservations end.
Only a maximum 10 hardworking photographers will be selected for this photo tour. This is not a fancy tour; you have to walk a lot, so your physical fitness is very important.
Participants will be granted for the photo tour based on email confirmation on a first come first serve basis.
Feel free to call +91 8509333385 or +91 8900702900 for any further assistance.
You need to pay 50% of the tour amount immediately (either in USD or INR as per the conversion rate on date)
Balance amount to be paid 30 days before the tour.
Full payment needs to be made in advance. No refund on cancellation. Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer / Undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
In order to reserve your seat, 100% advance payment is a must.
To confirm registration, the participant must pay the amount through NEFT or IMPS or RTGS. Once the payment is done please send us a copy of bank receipt (screen shot is also fine) of your payment sent details. Once we confirm your payment, we will send you the tour id no. along with the Rules & Regulations of the tour, which makes you, a confirmed candidate of the photo tour.
What you will need?
One or two Digital cameras with two to three lenses (for example – 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, or zooms like 16-35mm, 24-70mm and a long focal length like 70-200).
Tripod is not required because there will be a large number of people, you’ll not be able to put your tripod but a Monopod will be very helpful for capturing some nice slow shutter speed images during pulling of the chariot.
Rain cover for your camera during Sindur Jatra. Though Sindur Jatra is a completely dry colour festival but the protection of your camera is necessary.
Protector for your lens.
If you have ND filter please carry it with you; it can be required during slow shutter speed photography of Chariot Pulling.
A cap and windcheater is preferable during Sindur Jatra.
Extra battery for your camera and external hard drive with adequate space and card reader.
Adequate memory card and Card reader.
A Computer with photo-processing software.
Weather of Varanasi
It will be pleasant and normal in the daytime with maximum temperatures of about 25°C. Nights become cooler with a minimum of 15°C. in the month of April.
6th to 9th November 2022
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh , India.
27500 INR – Double Occupancy
35700 INR - Single Occupancy
525 USD - Double Occupancy
675 USD - Single Occupancy
Maximum 10 participants
English, Hindi & Bengali
Meet Your Mentor
Internationally renowned photographer Apratim is a contributing photographer for National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images and Stocksy United. He is a Canon Brand Ambassador and the Global Brand Ambassador and Mentor for Datacolor, Nisi, Godox, Vanguard and Blackrapid. He has over 36 years of experience, from traditional film to digital photography. He is a commercial photographer specializing in people photography, portraiture, lifestyle & editorial clients.