Astro Photography Workshop
24th October 2021 to 27th October 2021
Do you want to learn Astro Landscape Photography? Want to expertise the art of capturing awesome golden hour images, nightscape, star trail, and the milky way galaxy across the night sky? Then this Astro Landscape Photography workshop is what you are looking for. This workshop will help you to gather knowledge about everything in the mysterious night sky.
- You’ll have the lifetime experience of staying in West Bengal’s highest peak at Sandakphu.
- Special attraction – Shoot Milky way from Tonglu, Ahal, Lachajagat. You’ll be able to shoot magnificent star trails from all these areas.
- It’s a great opportunity to shoot some splendid golden hour images of the Kangchenjunga range (Sleeping Buddha).
- The enthralling experience of making star trail with moonlit Kangchenjunga range.
- For an Astro landscape photographer, it is an unparalleled & unforgettable experience to capture the Milky-way with different compositions.
- A soul-enriching exploration and photographic journey of mystical significance.
- Extensive photography and post-processing sessions under the guidance of accomplished mentors.
- This four-day workshop is designed for advanced photographers as well as beginners to provide in-depth knowledge and understanding of how to SEE the UNSEEN and create images that stand out from millions of mundane images clicked by thousands of DSLR owners.
Sandakphu is the highest peak in the Singalila Ridge on the border between India and Nepal. The peak is located at the edge of the Singalila National Park and has a small village on the summit with a few hostels. Four of the five highest peaks in the world, Everest, Kangchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu can be seen from its summit.
From Sandakphu, the best view of the mountain Kanchenjunga is possible, which is known as the Sleeping Buddha or the Sleeping Shiva. It also affords a pristine view of the entire Kangchenjunga Range. At the night in new moon condition when the sky is clear then stars and Milky-way are visible brightly and the opposite side in a moonlight night Kangchenjunga Range also enlighten with moonlight.
Sandakphu is situated at a height of 3636 meters above sea level which is a true paradise for all adventure lovers. Trek to the highest point on this hill station and you will get the never seen before views of the Himalayan Range. A long stretch of Himalayas starting from Bhutan till Mt. Everest is visible. River Teesta flows through Sandakphu at quite a pace. The thundering River Teesta also offers a great option for adventure sports especially river rafting. Sandakphu is the only place in the world where you will find rhododendron and silver fir forests.
Meet Our Mentors
24th to 27th October 2021
Sandakphu, West Bengal, India.
(Including accommodation, food and transportation)
PICKUP AND DROP
Siliguri to Siliguri
Maximum 08 participants
English, Hindi & Bengali
An IT professional working in IBM India, as an Application Architect Rajat is a Travel and Landscape Photographer. He started learning Astro Landscape Photography in 2018 out of curiosity. Since then he has gone through several online study/tutorial on Astro Landscape photography and practised & learnt few different techniques for shooting Milky Way, Star Trail and a Starry Landscape. As he has grown up as a photographer his interest carried on to Landscape Photography also. His works have been published on many International and National Photography platforms like ViewBugs, 500px. He has been published online Photography Group Magazine and he recently received multiple awards in an exhibition organised by a Photography Group. He has contacted many workshops in the eastern Himalayas and the participants are extremely happy with the learning.
Rajat has created an AI-Based chat BOT which is integrated with the Facebook messenger app to help beginners in Astro Landscape photography. The AI Agent responds to any queries on Night Photography by providing a detailed response by including external links/tutorial like YouTube. The AI Agent is available here: https://www.facebook.com/TheM31
Masters in Geography and Education, PG Diploma in Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System, Mrinmay is an Assistant Teacher in a higher secondary school. Photography was his childhood dream which came into a reality a few years ago. He has been practising photography for the last 4 years. Mrinmay especially loves to shoot Astro Landscape photography, portraits and street photography.
Mrinmay’s works have been published on many International and National Photography platforms.