Terms & Accomodation
Important points to be noted
- The workshop is designed from Siliguri to Siliguri.
- This workshop is conceptualised in such a way that personal attention can be given to each and every photographer and for that, the group will be restricted to 08 photographers only.
- This tour has been specifically designed for the photographers. Non-photographer spouse/friend may be accommodated on the workshop but at full cost and on agreeing to stick to the schedule of the workshop.
- While all care would be taken to stick to the schedule, unforeseen circumstance, time consistency might lead to some changes.
- Please note that Astro Landscape Photography fully depends on local weather conditions, although, we hope that at end of the October we’ll get a clear sky. The mentors will guide you throughout the workshop.
What does the tour fees include?
- Transportation from Siliguri to Siliguri and Shooting points from Hotel/Homestay.
- Accommodations in a Triple Occupancy / Double Occupancy (Separate Bedded), mattress, blanket, and hot water.
- Two times Tea, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner on all days.
- Expert guidance on Astro Landscape Photography.
What is not covered in the tour fees?
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on an actual basis.
- Pick up & drop from Railway station/Bus Stand/Airport is not included but we can arrange the same for you and the cost has to be paid by you.
- Occupancy is chosen on a first come first serve basis.
You need to pay 50% of the tour amount immediately (either in USD or INR as per the conversion rate on date). Balance amount to be paid 45 days before the tour. Once the payment is done please send us a copy of the bank receipt (screenshot is also fine) of your payment sent details. Once we confirm your payment, we will send you the tour id no. along with the Rules & Regulations of the tour, which makes you, a confirmed candidate for the photo tour.
To reserve space 50% amount is required at the time of your booking. You can pay using the online payment link on the website or ask for account details to make NEFT transfers. Your reservation may be cancelled if full payment has not been received by the last date specified and communicated. All cancellation notices must be received in
writing and will become effective as of the date of the postmark (standard mail or electronic).
Cancellation deductions will be as per the following policy:
5% cancellation- if cancelled 61 days prior to the start of the package.
30% cancellation – if cancelled 60 – 16 days prior to the start of the package.
100% cancellation – if cancelled 15 – 1 days prior to the start of the package.
Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer / Undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
Registration is open from 01st December 2022 till 20th February 2022 or till the seat reservations end.
Only a maximum of 08 hardworking photographers will be selected for this workshop. This is not a fancy tour; it’s a high-altitude workshop and you have to walk a lot, so your physical fitness is very important.
Participants will be granted for the photo tour based on email confirmation on a first come first serve basis. Feel free to call +91-8509333385 or +91-9830221895, +91-9432824306 for any further assistance.
What you will need?
- One or two DSLR or Mirrorless (Full Frame or Crop Sensor) cameras
- Ultra Wide Angle (14 to 24 mm for Full Frame or 10-18mm for Crop Sensor) are the best choice. However, a kit lens (18-55/3.5 or 4.0) will also work.
- Protector for your lens.
- A Sturdy Tripod is a must.
- A Cable Shutter Lock/Release or Remote is a must.
- Power Bank & Electric Socket Extension.
- Adequate memory card and Card reader.
- Extra battery for your camera and external hard drive with adequate space and card reader.
- A cap and worm cloth is a must during the shoot.
- A Computer with photo-processing software [Lightroom, Photoshop, StarStaX, Sequator (for Windows), Starry Landscape Stacker (for Mac)]. (If you are not having these softwares, don’t worry we’ll provide it.)
- Install these mobile applications – Sky Map, Sky Safari (Android), Night Sky (iPhone)
- Carry a small size soft cloth or towel.
- Carry a microfiber to wipe the lens if ice crystal forms.
For Your Comfort/Safety:
- Half Gloves.
- Hiking Shoe or Sports Shoe. Trekking Shoe is not required.
- Using layers of warm wear will be useful. 4-7 layers will be good enough.
- A Headlamp is recommended. If you carry a torch that will also work.
- Carry Sanitizer and disposable Mask. Dispose your mask at Airport or Railway Station before getting into the car.
- The rooms will be salinized before check-in, but it’s a good idea to use a spray sanitiser when check-in.
- Carry a pack of wipes/wet tissue.
- Carry your essential and basic medicines for headache, fever, stomach upset etc.
- Consuming a lot of Alcohols at high altitude might trigger AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness).
What should we expect?
- The altitude will be 3500-4000 mt. max.
- You won’t be able to take bath for 2-3 days.
- In a few places, we might face issues with Internet & Mobile Network.
- There are possibilities, that we will be standing on snow while shooting
The weather of Singalila National Park
The average Singalila National Park temperature in March ranges between -4 degrees Celsius to 6 degrees Celsius. Nights can be even colder. Due to the chilly weather, you need to carry warm clothes and take appropriate precautions.
How to reach?
There is an Airport at Bagdogra which is about 10 Kilometers away from Siliguri.
Siliguri is well connected by trains with all major cities of West Bengal and India, viz. Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai. The main station in Siliguri is NJP or New Jalpaiguri Station. Several expresses, as well as super-fast trains, ply to and from NJP.
Siliguri, on National Highways 10 and 34, is connected to all parts of the country by good roads. Buses ply to all the neighbouring as well as far-flung places such as Kolkata, Patna, Jhansi, Gorakhpur and Guwahati among others.
*Limited seats on a first come first serve basis.
**Please note that Astro Landscape Photography totally depends on local weather condition, and the weather is unpredictable, though we hope at end of the October we’ll get a clear sky.
***Please read all details and Terms and Conditions, disclaimer/undertaking before booking.
3rd March 2022 to 7th March 2022
Singalila National Park, West Bengal, India.
(Including accommodation, food and transportation)
PICKUP AND DROP
Siliguri to Siliguri
Maximum 08 participants
English, Hindi & Bengali